On November 16, 2022, the 3rd International Exhibition on Supporting Industry and Manufacturing Vietnam officially opened at I.C.E Hanoi International Exhibition Center – . The exhibition is hosted by the Ministry of Industry and Trade and Industrial Development Support Center (IDC), and coordinated to organize with C.I.S Vietnam Advertising and Exhibition Joint Stock Company.
The opening ceremony was honored with the presence of the following representatives:
- Mr. Pham Tuan Anh – Deputy Director of Industry Department – Ministry of Industry and Trade;
- Mr. Thomas Jacobs – Country Director for Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia – IFC;
- Mr. Min Moonki – Commercial Counselor of the Korean Embassy;
- Mr. Matsumoto Izumi – Secretary of the Embassy of Japan;
- Mr. Takao Shimokawa – Director of Economic Development Department – Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA);
- Mr. Choi Joo Ho – General Director of Samsung Electronics Vietnam Co., Ltd;
- Mr. Hiroyuki Ueda – General Director of Toyota Motor Vietnam;
- Mr. Phan Pham Ha – General Director of Vietnam Motivators and Agricultural Machinery Corporation (VEAM);
- Other representatives of domestic and international agencies, organizations and associations, and typical enterprises in supporting industries and manufacturing industry
With the theme of “Connecting for Development”, a series of outstanding activities were held at the same time during the exhibition days such as B2B trade connection activity between supporting industry enterprises and industries domestic and international manufacturing and processing, a specialized seminar program with the theme “Promoting digital transformation towards a smart production model” with presentations by representatives from: International Finance Corporation economic – IFC with a presentation on “Digital transformation & opportunities for Vietnamese manufacturing in the global value chain”; Toyota Vietnam Company with the speech “Capacity development for suppliers to gradually participate in the supply chain for the automotive industry”; Samsung Electronics Vietnam with a presentation on “Strategies to support medium and long-term accompanying MOIT for enterprises in supporting industry in Vietnam”; Guest speaker from Malaysia with the speech “Sharing experience of digital transformation in manufacturing from Malaysia”.
In addition, a series of shows will be held throughout the exhibition days to introduce new products and connect trade between participating businesses and interested businesses . Activities will be livestreamed and regularly updated on the website, fanpage, and youtube.
With the aim of “Connecting for development”, VIMEXPO 2022 will be a bridge to help Vietnam supporting industry enterprises participate more deeply in the global production chain step by step and continue to affirm their role in the leading prestigious event of the supporting and manufacturing industries in Vietnam. The exhibition has expected to attract about 15,000 visitors to visit and work directly in 3 onsite days.